Requests to Reprint ASA Documents and Publications
The ASA Executive Office will respond to requests for permission to reprint, reproduce, reference or translate ASA documents and publications, in part or in whole, based on the following guidelines:
A. All requests must be submitted in writing.
B. When applicable, the requester must contact the author(s) of the original document or publication to approve the reprint for any purpose other than its original intended use in an ASA-produced publication.
C. The reprint of ASA material must be acknowledged in the reprinted publication as follows:
- Requests for reprinting ASA document or publication in its entirety:
- "(Name of ASA document/copyright year) is reprinted with permission of the American Society of Anesthesiologists, 1061 American Lane, Schaumburg, Illinois 60173."
- Requests for quoting from or extracting portion(s) of an ASA document or publication:
- "Excerpted from (name of document/copyright year) of the American Society of Anesthesiologists. A copy of the full text can be obtained from ASA, 1061 American Lane, Schaumburg, Illinois 60173."
- Requests for referencing or paraphrasing from an ASA document or publication:
- "Based on (name of document/copyright year) of the American Society of Anesthesiologists. A copy of the full text can be obtained from ASA, 1061 American Lane, Schaumburg, Illinois 60173."
- Requests to translate ASA documents or publications into a foreign language, in part or in whole, will be approved in accordance with the above guidelines. Translations will be done at the requester’s expense. The Society reserves the right to review the translation for accuracy and to deny permission for its use if the Society is unable to determine to its satisfaction that the translation is accurate.
D. ASA reserves the right to reject any or all requests for reprints or translations of its documents and publications.
E. As soon as available, an exact copy of the printed matter must be sent to the ASA for documentation and cataloging.
*Use or reprinting of CROSSWALK®, Reverse CROSSWALKTM, or Relative Value GuideTM in any product or publication requires a license.