Medical Student Governing Council Leadership Opportunities
We would like to extend an invitation to all ASA Medical Student Component Members to apply for the ASA Governing Council Officer positions for the upcoming year. All interested medical students are encouraged to apply.
Available positions include:
- Chair-Elect (first- and second-year students only)
- Member at Large
- Senior Advisor (fourth-year students only)
- Alternate Medical Student Delegate to AMA
- Alternate (two people to ensure full representation at the ASA Annual Meeting should one of the elected officers be unable to perform their duties)
All applicants must be ASA members from accredited allopathic or osteopathic medical schools in the United States. We encourage all applicants to attend ANESTHESIOLOGY™ 2013, this year's annual meeting.
Officer duties include:
- Attendance at the ASA Medical Student Component House of Delegates Meeting (in conjunction with the ASA annual meeting)
- Attendance at the ASA Medical Student Component Governing Council Meetings (twice per year)
- A one-year term beginning at the conclusion of ANESTHESIOLOGY™ 2013
- All interested candidates should complete the application including a personal statement (not more than 500 words) indicating why he/she wants to be an ASA Governing Council Officer, a current curriculum vitae and one letter of reference (two letters of reference for Chair-Elect). All application materials are due by Friday, September 12, 2014. Email all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: All submitted materials will be publicly distributed to the voting Delegates prior to elections.
Governing Council Members for the 2014-2015 term will be determined by the ASA Medical Student Delegation at ANESTHESIOLOGY™ 2014 on Sunday, October 12, 2014.
Chad R. Greene, Chair
Stephen Shumpert, Chair-Elect
Melissa Zhu, Secretary
Benjamin Stam, Member at Large
D. Craig Barnette, II, Senior Advisor
Jamie Sparling, AMA Delegate
Ryan Budwany, AMA Alternate Delegate
Sarah "Maggie" Coffield, MSC Alternate