Welcome to the ASA Resident Component, representing residents from roughly 140 ACGME certified anesthesiology residency programs.
- Self-nominate to participate on an ASA Committee by January 15, 2017
- View the most current issue of the ASA Resident Component Newsletter
- CA2s - Apply for the Resident International Anesthesia Scholarship Program by January 31, 2017
- CA2s and CA3s - Apply for the ASA Policy Research Rotation in Political Affairs by March 15, 2017
- Register for the Residents and Fellows Track at PRACTICE MANAGEMENT™ 2017
- Is this your last year of residency? Check out the Young Physicians page to help you transition.
- Not sure how the ASA works or where to start to get involved? See the Resident’s Guide to ASA (PDF).
The ASA Resident Component hopes you will join us in support of our three primary goals:
1. To encourage resident participation in ASA
• Join ASA and learn about the ASA Resident Component
• Get involved in the ASARC
• Run for an office on the Resident Component Governing Council
• Meeting and event information
2. To develop experience in organized medicine among young physician leaders
• Become a leader: ASARC leadership opportunities are available
• Publish your thoughts: Write a Resident Review article for the ASA Monitor
• Apply for the Resident Research Essay Contest
3. To improve resident awareness of the ASA’s role in the evolution of the specialty of
• View information on residency and fellowship opportunities
• Discover a wealth of resident resources and links
• Learn about the ASAPAC and help increase your program’s participation
• Single Graduate Medical Education Accreditation System