Quality and Regulatory Affairs answers a variety of member questions throughout the year. Please review the abbreviated list of links and materials below as they may address or inform upon your questions and current needs.
- For questions related to practice parameters, including standards, guidelines and statements, please review the appropriate ASA Resources webpage.
- QRA Common Questions: QRA Common Questions are designed to educate members on timely and recent inquiries received throughout the year. You may submit a questions to QRA in writing at email@example.com.
- Manual for Anesthesia Department Organization and Management (MADOM): MADOM provides ASA members with references and resources to address the administrative requirements of an anesthesia practice. MADOM include written documents outlining best practices in department organization as well as numerous links to ASA educational materials, Anesthesia Quality Institute (AQI) resources and links to non-ASA reference materials.
- Interpretive Guidelines Templates: The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) issued revised Interpretive Guidelines (IGs) pertaining to the hospital Conditions of Participation (COPs) in January 2011. ASA has prepared a set of policy templates and forms to help its members implement the many changes in the Interpretive Guidelines.
- Payment and Practice Management: The Payment and Practice Management department offers a wide range of materials, including information regarding payment for anesthesiology services through Medicare and private insurance payers.
- ASA Committee Work Products: For reference, members may also consider reviewing a number of ASA committee work products and resources.
Return to Quality and Regulatory Affairs
Contact Quality and Regulatory Affairs