ASA Quality Reporting: QCDR
The Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR) reporting mechanism uses the National Anesthesia Clinical Outcomes Registry (NACOR) to collect data for quality reporting and help eligible clinicians (ECs) meet the requirements of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). At this time, seven QCDR and 26 PQRS measures are available for reporting via the ASA QCDR mechanism.
To enroll in QCDR you must first become a NACOR participant. Be aware that if you are already a member of NACOR you are not automatically enrolled in QCDR. You must sign up for QCDR as well.
Sign up for NACOR and QCDR.
- Provides comprehensive reporting for MACRA and supports your local quality improvement activities
- Includes specialty-specific reporting measures, providing broader options that may be more meaningful to your practice
- Helps you prepare for reporting requirements in 2017 under the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA) Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS)
- Report nine measures across three National Quality Strategy (NQS) domains
- Report two outcome measures
- Report on at least 50 percent of your patients to whom the measure applies for all payers (Medicare and non-Medicare)
- The reporting year is January 1 through December 31, 2017
Data submitted to CMS will be used to calculate your Value-Based Payment Modifier (VM) and will be publicly reported.
- Submission of January 2016-November 2016 Data – Jan. 31, 2017
- Submission of December 2016 data – Feb. 15, 2017
- Submission of Production Data File – 60 days after contract signing
- 2017 deadlines coming soon
View the 2016 ASA measures and PQRS measures available for reporting through the ASA QCDR.
Participation in QCDR is free to ASA members. Non-members may participate at an additional cost.
2017 Pricing Chart
Quality Capture Form Sample
View a sample QCDR quality capture form, which contains measures from three NQS domains and two outcomes measures. Not all available measures are included on this form. Practices can customize this form based upon measure selection.