ASA Quality Reporting: Qualified Registry
The Qualified Registry (QR) is a new ASA Quality Reporting service available in 2017. It uses the National Anesthesia Clinical Outcomes Registry (NACOR) to help Eligible Clinicians (ECs) meet the requirements of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). ASA offers 26 PQRS measures for EPs to choose from to report via the qualified registry option.
To enroll in QR you must first become a NACOR participant. Be aware that if you are already a member of NACOR you are not automatically enrolled in QR. You must sign up for QR as well.
Sign up for NACOR and QR.
- Provides an alternative if you are transitioning from claims-based reporting
- Maintains the Measure-Applicability Validation (MAV) process for those EPs unable to report nine (9) PQRS measures
- Limited to reporting on an EP's Medicare Part B Fee-For-Service patients
- Provides an option that is anticipated to be applicable in 2017 under the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA) Merit-Based Incentive Payment System MIPS
- Reporting of nine measures across three National Quality Strategy (NQS) domains
- You must report 50 percent of your patients to whom the measure applies, including Medicare Part B FFS
- The reporting year is January 1 through December 31, 2017
Data submitted to CMS will be used to calculate your Value-Based Payment Modifier (VM) and will be publicly reported.
- Submission of January 2016-November 2016 Data – Jan. 31, 2017
- Submission of December 2016 data – Feb. 15, 2017
View the 2016 QR measures.
Participation in QR is free to ASA members. Non-members may participate at an additional cost.
2017 Pricing Chart
Quality Capture Form Sample
View a sample of a QR quality capture form, which contains measures from three NQS domains. However, not all measures have been included on this sample. Practices can customize this form based upon measure selection
AQI User Guide for Quality Reporting