ASA Quality Reporting: Qualified Registry
The Qualified Registry (QR) is a reporting mechanism that uses the National Anesthesia Clinical Outcomes Registry (NACOR) to help Eligible Clinicians (ECs) meet the requirements of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). ASA offers 26 MIPS measures for EPs to choose from to report via the qualified registry option.
To enroll in QR you must first become a NACOR participant. Be aware that if you are already a member of NACOR you are not automatically enrolled in QR. You must sign up for QR as well.
Sign up for NACOR and QR.
- Provides an alternative if you are transitioning from claims-based reporting
- Report on at least 50 percent of your patients to whom the measure applies for all payers (Medicare and Non-Medicare)
- Provides an option that is anticipated to be applicable in 2017 under the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA) Merit-Based Incentive Payment System MIPS
- Reporting of nine measures across three National Quality Strategy (NQS) domains
- You must report 50 percent of your patients to whom the measure applies, including Medicare Part B FFS
- The reporting year is January 1 through December 31, 2017
- Submission of January 2016-November 2016 Data – January 31, 2017
- Submission of December 2016 data – February 15, 2017
2017 MIPS Anesthesiology Specialty Measure Set
Participation in QR is free to ASA members. Non-members may participate at an additional cost.
2017 Pricing Chart
2017 User Guide