ASA Member Benefit Spotlight:
Partner in Quality
ASA helps advance the interests of the physician-led anesthesia care team and is committed to helping you improve care, increase performance and advance quality and safety.
- Successfully repealed the Independent Payment Advisory Board tasked with cutting physician Medicare Part B payments for anesthesia services
- Spearheaded legislative changes to the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA) Quality Payment Program (QPP) to improve physician anesthesiologists’ opportunities to successfully participate
- Advance patient safety through participation in a variety of online modules and courses such as Fundamentals of Patient Safety, which provides continuing medical education credit for MOCA 2.0® Part II
- Learn how to enhance quality and safety at your practice during the Anesthesia Quality Meeting™ held November 17-18, 2018
- Stay up to date on regulations that impact your practice through the MACRA modules and the MACRA Memo
- Use your data for more than just meeting CMS regulatory requirements – demonstrate your value and benchmark your clinical data by using the Anesthesia Quality Institute® (AQI®) NACOR® and Quality Concierge®
MOCA 2.0® is a trademark of The American Board of Anesthesiology®.
This activity contributes to the patient safety CME requirement for Part II: Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment of the American Board of Anesthesiology’s (ABA) redesigned Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology Program® (MOCA®), known as MOCA 2.0®. Please consult the ABA website, www.theABA.org, for a list of all MOCA 2.0® requirements.
Accreditation and Designation Statements
The American Society of Anesthesiologists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
These activities have been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Please see the individual activity page for further information. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ASA offers members the education, research and practice management tools they need to serve their patients and their profession.
Learn More >
ASA provides members with a world of member benefits to better serve their patients and their profession
Learn More >
Find answers to your questions about eligibility, Component Societies, dues and payment, governance and volunteering at ASA.
Learn More >